Recipe by BamaBelle30
A perfect recipe for the upcoming season!!
Top Review by PrimQuilter
This is a yummy dense bread. I left out the pecans but followed everything else. I also used the struesal toppping from recipe #90227 This is even better with flavored cream cheese spread on top ! Thanks Eat it up for posting here !
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely grated peeled apples
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the dry ingredients, then add the apple and pecans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out on a rack.
- Cool before slicing.