Recipe by Scandigirl
On a wintery cold day here in Ontario, I often serve a bit of Florida sunshine with this fresh tasting salad. It is wonderful with a chicken sandwich, and a cold glass of Chenin Blanc wine.
Top Review by mianbao
This delicious salad brightened up my day no end. The dressing is fantastic. I could drink it alone. I'm not quite sure as to what mesclun salad greens are, so used an assortment of leaf lettuce instead. I kept to the recipe for everything else. My only problem was that I'm no good at sectioning citrus fruit. I do think there is a special tool available. May have to look into it for next time. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe.
- 8 cups assocted mesclun salad greens
- 2 large pink grapefruit, peeled,seeded and sectioned
- 2 navel oranges, peeled,seeded and sectioned
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled and cut into sixths
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange salad greens and fruit on individual plates or on a large platter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, honey and pepper.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing over greens and fruit and serve immediuately.
- Refrigerate any leftover dressing.