Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great tomato recipe and is especially attractive if you use various colors of tomatoes, such as heirloom.
- 6 -8 large ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, 1/2 nch strips (reserve 1 T oil)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- Arrange the tomatoes in a single layer on 4 salad plates; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the sun-dried tomatoes over the fresh tomato slices; drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave the cheese over the salad.
It's the height of the tomato season and I went crazy buying them at the farmer's market. I bought a large orange and red tomato, then red cherry tomatoes and yellow grape tomatoes. I threw them together with the rest of the ingredients in this dish and when I ate it thought I died and went to heaven:D After dinner I promptly made another salad with the leftover tomatoes to take to work the next day. Also, I couldn't resist adding some fresh basil and more vinegar (one tablespoon per plate). Instead of sundried tomatoes in oil I used dry ones because I like the chewiness and left out the oil altogether to save a few calories. I ate the salad for breakfast this morning at work because I couldn't wait for lunch. Heehee!