Recipe by spicyperspective
A wonderful Latin salsa the incorporates raw, or actually "citrus seared" fish. It is extremely healthy and delicious! AND easy to make!
Top Review by yogiclarebear
This was fabulous! I actually cooked my swai first, but either way it was very delicious. I used a green onion, and didn't have the chili past so used chili powder and red pepper flakes and a bit of fresh garlic. So fancy and fresh. Thanks!
- 3 swai fish fillets, diced (about 1 lb.)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 shallot, diced (or 1/4 cup red onion)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the diced fish into 3/4 of the lime juice and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Strain when ready to proceed.
- Mix the veggies with the remaining lime juice.
- Stir in the fish and cilantro. Drizzle with olive oil and add the chile-garlic sauce. Gently toss.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortilla chips or a salad.