Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty, lower sodium and sugar stir-fry that tastes especially like summer. It makes a lot (big family) so be prepared for that.
- 2 lbs top sirloin steaks, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 12 ounces broccoli (2 small heads)
- 1 lb cabbage (1 small head)
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, 1-inch long slices
- 8 ounces bell peppers, frozen strips
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Combine beef, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and cornstarch in a bowl. Mix well and set aside. Prep other veggies. I usually put brocolli stems on meat since they take longer to cook. The rest I put in another bowl, ready to add to the pan.
- Heat oil in a large wok or deep pan on high heat. Add Beef mixture and stir until meat is brown. Add other veggies, (if its too much add some and wait for it to cook down a bit) and keep on stirring. Cook until veggies are tender-crisp. Remove from heat and pour on fresh lemon juice. If you are not into tart, add a bit of Stevia sweetener or a little sugar to the juice beforehand. Serve over rice.