Recipe by Chef Decadent1
Juicy fresh strawberries in a spectacular glaze. These look like beautiful jewels on any dessert tray. They are very easy to prepare and everyone loves them!
Top Review by alie.balan
i also tried them made with cherry jello instead of strawberry gelatin... and i also used some kiwi slices fo add a bit more of a flavor range... it takes longer to set... but was still tasty Thanks for the delicious recipe
- 12 frozen tart shells
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake tart shells according to directions and cool. Fill cooled tart shells with strawberries.(Or you can make your own tart shells if you prefer).
- Put water, sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan. Heat and stir until it boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin. Stir to dissolve. Cool. Put saucepan in cold water in sink to hasten cooling. Spoon over berries. Use a pastry brush for easy touch ups around edges that didn't cover when mixture was spooned over. Finish up with a dollop of whipped cream if you desire.