Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is similar to one at your local Neighborhood Market.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lb turkey breast, thinly sliced fajita style
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored seeded sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored seeded sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 lime, juice of
- 8 medium sized flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons ready-made salsa
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan and stir-fry the turkey breast for 3-4 minutes, until starting to brown, then remove with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- 2Increase the heat, add the remaining oil and stir-fry the onion and peppers for 5-6 minutes, stirring only occasionally so that they color quickly without softening much.
- 3Reduce the heat and return the turkey back to the pan. Stir in the beans and cooked rice. Season well. Squeeze over the filling with the lime and remove from heat.
- 4Spoon the filling onto the tortillas, roll them up and arrange them in a rectangular ovenproof dish. Pour the salsa over the tortillas and scatter them with jalapeno pepper slices and the cheese.
- 5Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for about 20 minutes, until hot and the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh and Easy Turkey Fajita Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 994.0
- Calories from Fat 434
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 133.3 mg
- Sodium 1221.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 54.2 g