Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is similar to one at your local Neighborhood Market.
- 2 1⁄2 cups fish stock or 2 fish bouillon cubes (along with 2 1/2 cups boiling water) or 2 shrimp bouillon cubes (along with 2 1/2 cups boiling water)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 slices fresh ginger (1/2 inch each)
- 1 red chili, seeded sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass (whole)
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 1⁄2 ounces dry rice noodles
- 3 ounces Baby Spinach
- 4 ounces tiger shrimp, cooked peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- black pepper, to taste
- Put the stock, lime leaves, ginger, chili and lemongrass in a saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Add the mushrooms and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Break the noodles into short lengths, drop into the soup and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and spinach and simmer for 2 minutes (until shrimp are heated thru). Add the lemon juice. Remove and discard the lemongrass stalk and season with black pepper before serving.