Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is similar to one at your local Neighborhood Market.
Make and share this Fresh and Easy Thai Hot and Sour Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups fish stock or 2 fish bouillon cubes (along with 2 1/2 cups boiling water) or 2 shrimp bouillon cubes (along with 2 1/2 cups boiling water)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 slices fresh ginger (1/2 inch each)
- 1 red chili, seeded sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass (whole)
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 1⁄2 ounces dry rice noodles
- 3 ounces Baby Spinach
- 4 ounces tiger shrimp, cooked peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- black pepper, to taste
- Put the stock, lime leaves, ginger, chili and lemongrass in a saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Add the mushrooms and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Break the noodles into short lengths, drop into the soup and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and spinach and simmer for 2 minutes (until shrimp are heated thru). Add the lemon juice. Remove and discard the lemongrass stalk and season with black pepper before serving.