Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is one similar to a dish at your local Neighborhood Market.
- 2 (5 ounce) sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 5 ounces whole baby corn
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, rough chopped
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce (Mae Ploy brand recommended)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted (garnish)
- Place the steaks in a preheated hot grill or frying pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the baby corn in boiling water for 3-4 minutes until tender then plunge into cold water to cool. Drain well.
- Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds and discard. Cut the cucumber into 1/4 inch slices.
- Slice the meat thinly and set aside. Whisk together the vinegar and chili sauce.
- Put the beef, corn, cucumber, onions and cilantro into a large bowl and mix with the sauce. Serve with sesame seeds as a garnish over each individual salad.