Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is similar to one at your local Neighborhood Market.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 ounces medium egg noodles (precooked, drained then mixed with a little oil, at room temperature for cooking)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 12 ounces lean pork, cut into strips
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled chopped (1 inch)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces snow peas, halved in length
- 1 large carrot, cut into strips
- 6 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 (7 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- Place the ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan and heat gently for 2-3 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large heavy bottomed frying pan and cook the pork strips over high heat for 2-3 minutes, until beginning to turn golden, then add the ginger, garlic, snow peas and carrot.
- Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, then add the bean sprouts and bamboo shoots. Stir-fry for 1 more minute, until all ingredients are piping hot.
- Add the noodles and sauce and toss over the heat using 2 spoons to mix really well and heat through. Serve in warm serving bowls.