Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is similar to one at your local Neighborhood Market.
Make and share this Fresh and Easy Sweet and Sour Pork Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 ounces medium egg noodles (precooked, drained then mixed with a little oil, at room temperature for cooking)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 12 ounces lean pork, cut into strips
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled chopped (1 inch)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces snow peas, halved in length
- 1 large carrot, cut into strips
- 6 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 (7 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- Place the ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan and heat gently for 2-3 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large heavy bottomed frying pan and cook the pork strips over high heat for 2-3 minutes, until beginning to turn golden, then add the ginger, garlic, snow peas and carrot.
- Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, then add the bean sprouts and bamboo shoots. Stir-fry for 1 more minute, until all ingredients are piping hot.
- Add the noodles and sauce and toss over the heat using 2 spoons to mix really well and heat through. Serve in warm serving bowls.