Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick to make and full of good things for the body!
- 2 leeks
- 1 lb spinach, washed stemmed coarsely chopped
- 3 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- Trim the root ends of the leeks. Cut off and discard the upper green parts, about 2 inches above the white bulbs. Make a slit along one side of each leek.
- Rinse the leek well under cold running water to remove any sand that has lodged in the layers. Slice them into 1/2 inch lengths. Place into a bowl.
- Place the spinach and the rice into separate bowls. Combine the soy sauce, lemon juice and zest in another bowl. In the last bowl, combine the ginger, garlic and onion.
- Heat a nonstick wok or large heavy bottomed skillet over high heat for 2 minutes. Add the oil then the onion mixture. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the leeks and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the spinach and stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir-fry for 1 minute to heat through. Use a spatula to break apart the cold rice into smaller pieces while you stir-fry.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and stir to combine. Add the cilantro and stir well. Remove from wok and serve.