Member #610488's Note:
Quick to make and full of good things for the body!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 leeks
- 1 lb spinach, washed stemmed coarsely chopped
- 3 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1Trim the root ends of the leeks. Cut off and discard the upper green parts, about 2 inches above the white bulbs. Make a slit along one side of each leek.
- 2Rinse the leek well under cold running water to remove any sand that has lodged in the layers. Slice them into 1/2 inch lengths. Place into a bowl.
- 3Place the spinach and the rice into separate bowls. Combine the soy sauce, lemon juice and zest in another bowl. In the last bowl, combine the ginger, garlic and onion.
- 4Heat a nonstick wok or large heavy bottomed skillet over high heat for 2 minutes. Add the oil then the onion mixture. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- 5Add the leeks and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the spinach and stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
- 6Add the rice and stir-fry for 1 minute to heat through. Use a spatula to break apart the cold rice into smaller pieces while you stir-fry.
- 7Add the soy sauce mixture and stir to combine. Add the cilantro and stir well. Remove from wok and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh and Easy Spinach Fried Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 372.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g