Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is similar to one at your local Neighborhood Market.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled minced (1 1/4 inch)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon hot Chinese chili paste (la doubanjiang)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns, ground
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced in to 1 inch cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) packageprecooked soba noodles
- 2 ounces oyster mushrooms, sliced
- fresh cilantro, chopped (garnish)
- Mix all of the ingredients together except the chicken and cilantro in a shallow dish. Add the diced chicken, coat well with the marinade and leave to marinate at room temperature for 2 hours or more if refrigerated.
- Heat a frying pan and cook the chicken for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is well browned. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Add soba noodles and mushrooms and toss well. Add marinade and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, tossing frequently until noodles have warmed up and broken apart. Serve garnished with fresh cilantro.