Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is one that should be at your local Neighborhood Market.
- 4 eggs
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled julienned
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled julienned
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cored seeded cut into rings
- 16 shrimp crackers (garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Put the eggs in a saucepan of cold water and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes, then plunge eggs into cold water to cool. Shell the eggs then cut them in half lengthwise.
- Combine the remaining salad ingredients except the shrimp crackers in a bowl. Add the egg halves.
- Put all of the dressing ingredients into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring until combined. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and then mix well. Serve immediately and then top with 4 shrimp crackers per salad.