Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is one that should be at your local Neighborhood Market.
Make and share this Fresh and Easy Indonesian Gado Gado Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled julienned
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled julienned
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cored seeded cut into rings
- 16 shrimp crackers (garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Put the eggs in a saucepan of cold water and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes, then plunge eggs into cold water to cool. Shell the eggs then cut them in half lengthwise.
- Combine the remaining salad ingredients except the shrimp crackers in a bowl. Add the egg halves.
- Put all of the dressing ingredients into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring until combined. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and then mix well. Serve immediately and then top with 4 shrimp crackers per salad.