Member #610488's Note:
This healthy version of the General's chicken will surely please even the most picky of eaters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (preferably peanut)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 4 cups steamed broccoli florets, for serving
- cooked brown rice, for serving
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2On a foil-lined baking sheet, toss the chicken chunks with 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Spread the cubes out and bake until they're cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the oil, garlic, and ginger on medium for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add the broth, soy sauce, hoisin, vinegar, honey, plus the sriracha and simmer 3 minutes.
- 4Whisk the remaining cornstarch into 2 tablespoons water; add that and heat until the mixture has thickened, about 30 seconds.
- 5Add the cooked chicken to the pan with the sauce and toss together. Serve alongside the broccoli and over brown rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh and Easy General Tso's Chicken With Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.1
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.7 mg
- Sodium 354.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar