Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe really should be available at your local Neighborhood Market. Great served on mixed salad greens or as a chicken salad sandwich. Coronation chicken was created for Queen Elizabeth II's Coronation lunch in 1953 and it still is hugely popular in the UK.
- 6 teaspoons indian mild curry paste
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lb diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup sultana raisin
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds (garnish)
- Mix together the curry paste, tomato paste, yogurt and mayonnaise. Add the diced chicken and sultanas. Chill overnight.
- Serve on a bed of mixed salad greens topped with the toasted almond flakes. This also makes great Chicken Salad Sandwiches.