Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fairly quick and simple to make, this dish should be at your Neighborhood store.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 (7 ounce) can roasted green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- diced onion (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- sliced jalapeno (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pot on medium. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium high and add the chicken pieces, ground chicken, chilies, and spices. Saute until the chicken is mostly cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and beans, scraping the bottom of the pot to loosen any browned bits. Bring the mixture to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Cook the chili, uncovered, for 20 minutes--or longer if you have the patience. Taste the chili and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve with your choice of garnishes.