Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fairly quick and simple to make, this dish should be at your Neighborhood store.
Make and share this Fresh and Easy Chicken Bean Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 (7 ounce) can roasted green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- diced onion (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- sliced jalapeno (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pot on medium. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium high and add the chicken pieces, ground chicken, chilies, and spices. Saute until the chicken is mostly cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and beans, scraping the bottom of the pot to loosen any browned bits. Bring the mixture to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Cook the chili, uncovered, for 20 minutes--or longer if you have the patience. Taste the chili and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve with your choice of garnishes.