Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These individual dishes of tart, sweet roasted apples and crunchy cobbler topping make for a deeply satisfying end to a meal.
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled cored cut into wedges
- 118.29 ml apple juice
- 59.16 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 59.14 ml almonds, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Combine the apples, apple juice, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/8 tablespoon nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats with the remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, plus the salt. Add the butter and work the mixture with your fingertips until it comes together in moist clumps. Add the almonds and work them in as well.
- Place apple mix evenly in 4 (5 oz) custard ramekins or creme brulee dishes. Spread crumble mix over top of apple. Bake for 30 minutes, or until crumble topping is slightly browned.