Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Mint leaves are rich in iron. Menthol helps tighten skin pores. This toner whisks away oil, surface dirt and dead skin cells from your skin. From the book: Natural Beauty At Home by Janice Cox.
- 1 tablespoon dried mint or 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 orange (only the peel, i.e., orange part only of it)
- 1 tablespoon vodka or 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- Put mint leaves in a heat resistant bowl.
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water over them.
- Allow to sit until completely cooled.
- Put the orange peel in another heat-resistant bowl.
- Pour the remaining boiling water over it.
- Let it sit until completely cooled.
- Take 1/4 cup of mint water, 1/4 cup of orange blossom water (available at any ethnic Indian grocery store and it's cheaper there than at a drug store/pharmacy) and 1 tbsp.
- of vodka or witch hazel, mix well and bottle in an airtight container.
- Apply to your skin using a clean cotton ball.
- You could use any remaining mint or orange water in a spray bottle as a freshener for skin and hair.
- Else, you could use this in your favourite cold cream recipe!
I made this a couple of days ago, and just love it! (I used orange blossom water). I keep it the fridge, now that it is hot, and it is very refreshing, and I can see a diference in my pores!! Thanks for sharing!