Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Courtesy of: American Heart Association
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bottled, minced garlic
- 3 dashes red hot pepper sauce
- In a bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Serve with Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips (recipe for"Chili Corn Chips" is under"Appetizers" on this site) or commercial tortilla chips with no added fat.
- Can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
I thought it was very yummy! We actually used canned tomatos mixed with diced green chilis and omitted the hot pepper sauce, we also brought the mixture to a boil and then simmered for 20 minutes to soften the peppers a little bit but it was very good. A little spicy but that could have been the chilis in our tomatos