Chef #502806's Note:
Similar to the popular Latin American drink from Quaker "Frescavena". This oatmeal based beverage is nutritious and refreshing. My 18 month old daughter loves it and after not finding it anywhere in stores I had to come up with a way to make it myself EASILY. I love this because I can keep it on hand and scoop it into a glass of milk and its ready to go!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces Gerber oatmeal cereal for baby
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1Empty 8 oz box of infant cereal into food processor. Using this cereal instead of rolled oats produces a finer grain that more easily dissolves in liquid, plus it is fortified with more vitamins and minerals.
- 2Blend until the flakes are no longer visible and it becomes a fine powder (3-5 minutes).
- 3Add sugar and blend again until it is mixed thoroughly and all the same fine powder consistency.
- 4Add 2 tablespoons (add more or less to taste) of mixture to 8 ounces of milk or water and blend in a blender or shaker cup with 2 ice cubes and enjoy!
- 5Optional additions: add vanilla, cinnamon or strawberry quick to final beverage. Can be served as a warm beverage as well.
Browse Our Top Shakes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Shakes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frescavena-Like Oatmeal Drink Mix
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Gerber oatmeal cereal for baby