Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's a Healthy Frenchy Oniony Sandwich! I LOVE making these!! They’re quick and easy and will do your body good!! You probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen. This serves one. If you want it Vegan, don’t add meat, add bell peppers!
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1⁄3 lb roast beef, rip into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- salt and pepper
- bread, cut in half (the thicker, the better)
- Preheat oven to 250 F or ready you toaster oven.
- Sauté the onions & garlic with added salt & pepper to taste, about 20 minutes. After the onions are done, scrape the pan with your spatula to get the yummy caramelized onions moving, then add the Red Wine, stir, add stock, stir. Cover and bring to a quick boil. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes. While that is simmering, toast your bread.
- When the soup & bread are done, put toasted bread on a plate & then take the Onion Soup and put in a bowl and add Roast Beef (mix around).
- TO EAT: Fork the onion and meat mix on the Bread and spoon on some of the juice.
- Enjoy Your Healthy Delight!
I absolutely love this recipe! Very easy and delicious! Way to go Botta - Bing.