Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this in the coupon section of the Sunday paper. If you love mustard and ranch, this is for you! The brown sugar adds a sweet little kick. Our kids can't get enough of it, even when we serve it with veggies and rice as a "stir-fry"! I've included the instructions on how to make baked chicken breast. Stir-fry instructions are included below the full breast instructions. I've made it both ways and it's fantastic! (I've also used fat-free, light and full fat ranch and Splenda brown sugar I couldn't tell the difference.)
- 2⁄3 cup light ranch dressing
- 1⁄3 cup yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ranch, mustard and brown sugar. Reserve 1/2 c of sauce.
- With the reserved 1/2 c sauce, heat in a saucepan over Medium heat, stirring slowly, but constantly until it starts to get bubbly. Remove from heat. (This wasn't on the French's site but I always do it to get the brown sugar to blend into the recipe a little better. Use your own judgment.)
- Coat chicken with remaining, uncooked sauce in a 3 qt baking dish.
- Bake chicken at 350 for 30 minutes or until juices are no longer pink. Serve with cooked sauce.
- STIR FRY INSTRUCTIONS:.
- Mix the sauce ingredients the same but do not heat them.
- Dice 4 chicken breasts and cook in olive oil over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add the sauce and heat until bubbly.
- Serve over already cooked veggies and rice. (You may hold the sauce in pan over lowest heat setting on your stove while making the veggies and rice, just make sure you stir it occasionally.).