Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe came in very handy when I realized we had no mustard for our hot dogs and we were 20 miles from the nearest store! This is from 'Even More Top Secret Recipes' by Todd Wilbur.
- 4 teaspoons dry ground mustard
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Wondra Flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk until smooth.
- When mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove pan from heat and cover until cool.
- Chill in a covered container.
This is a great recipe it will be one I will use quite often, I am going to try it with some mustard seeds in it as well.
It's perfect; looks like it, smells like it, tastes like it and it feels like it (has the right texture). Used it all up the day I made it so I'll have to do another batch to find out how long it will keep in the frig.
Incredible - how easy is it make make your own mustard! We were having hot dogs a couple days ago, and we were all out of yellow mustard. (Can't have a hot dog without it!) I came across this recipe, and it's a dead ringer for the store bought stuff. I keep all these ingredients in my pantry, so I'm using this from now on. Thank you for sharing! :)