This is a great dinner idea as it is so easy to prepare and the flavors are simple yet very delicately balanced. The pork becomes very tender and the apple becomes like a sauce. great with rice or couscous
- Preheat oven at 425°.
- Salt and pepper to taste the pork chops.
- Add 2 tablespoon olive oil in stainless steel pan heat the oil on high heat.
- Add the pork chop to oil and brown on each side 3 minutes.
- In a bowl mix completely sliced onion, the rest of the olive oil, and the rest of salt and pepper with the fresh thyme.
- Bring onion mixture to the parchment paper and make first layer. Add an even portion of apple on top then bring pork chop as the top layer.
- Raise up the ends of the parchment paper and twist top tight like the ends of candy wrapper (splash of white wine in each if wanted).
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes dependent on cut of pork.