1/5 Photos of French Yogurt Cake
"Think of this as a healthier pound cake with a bit more going on (thanks to yogurt and lemon zest)." Taken from Bon Appetit May '12.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Coat pan with vegetable oil spray. Dust with flour; tap out excess.
- 2Whisk 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and kosher salt in a medium bowl.
- 3Using your fingers, rub sugar with lemon zest in a large bowl until sugar is moist. Add yogurt, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract; whisk to blend. Fold in dry ingredients just to blend.
- 4Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until top of cake is golden brown and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 50–55 minutes.
- 5Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto rack; let cool completely.
- 6DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Yogurt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.0
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 272.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: