Recipe by Elodie
In France, we make a cake, called "Gâteau au yaourt / Yogurt cake" very easy, because you just need the container to weigh all ingredients. You can use the flavor you want, or add fruits or chocolate chips. We usually bake this cake in a regular pan, but i like to do it into cupcakes tins. You can use your blender to make the dough ! Here in France, a yogurt container is equal to 1/2 cup, but you can adapt to your own container! you can double the recipe, or more ! it's very easy =) (i like to do this with apple sauce instead of yogurt) [3 march 2007 visiting a friend in the us, i made this cake using low fat dannon vanilla yogurt, brown sugar, bananas and frozen strawberries ! very good!]
- 118.29 ml yogurt (don't forget to keep the container)
- 59.14 ml oil
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml plain flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 0.25 ml salt
- vanilla or coffee or orange blossom water or rum or almonds or chocolate chips
- coconut or fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 300°F.
- Mix yogurt and sugar.
- Add the 3 containers of flour, one by one and the salt, the dough will be hard.
- Add the eggs, the oil and the flavor.
- Finish with the baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured cake pan (i use a old charlotte pan).
- Bake for 50 minutes.