1/4 Photos of French White Bread
4 hrs 30 mins
This is a light sourdough french bread that is made using your mixer and dough hooks. It has been around a number of years...say 1975 vintage! Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Insert the dough hook into your mixer.
- 2In large mxing bowl, dissolve the yeast in 3/4 cup warm water.
- 3Add the starter, salt, sugar and 1 1/2 cups flour.
- 4Mix on medium until smooth and flour is incorporated, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- 5Cover and let rise for 60 to 90 minutes or until double in bulk.
- 6On low speed of mixer, slowly add remaining flour and baking soda.
- 7Knead dough for 5 to 7 minutes with dough hook.
- 8The dough should have a satin texture and form a ball, cleaning sides of the bowl.
- 9Shape the dough into a ball and let rest on a floured board for 10 minutes.
- 10Form into a French loaf, place on greased cookie sheet that has been lightly dusted with cornmeal.
- 11Make 3 to 5 diagonal slashes on top of loaf with sharp knife or scissors.
- 12Cover and let rise 90 minutes.
- 13Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes.
- 14When baked the loaf will be nicely brown and sound hollow when tapped with knuckles.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French White Bread
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1293.6
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2665.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 269.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 38.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: