Use a large 6-quart slow-cooker to hold all the ingredients
Make and share this French White Bean and Cabbage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small green cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1 large yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (or other white beans)
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, carrot, and garlic; cover and cook 5 minutes or until softened.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add in the cabbage, potato, beans, stock, and thyme; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the liquid smoke (if using), and parsley; taste to adjust seasonings.