1/1 Photo of French White Bean and Cabbage Soup
8 hrs 45 mins
Use a large 6-quart slow-cooker to hold all the ingredients
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small green cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1 large yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (or other white beans)
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add in the onion, carrot, and garlic; cover and cook 5 minutes or until softened.
- 3Transfer the cooked vegetables into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- 4Add in the cabbage, potato, beans, stock, and thyme; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- 6Just before serving, stir in the liquid smoke (if using), and parsley; taste to adjust seasonings.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French White Bean and Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.1
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 247.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: