Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Use a large 6-quart slow-cooker to hold all the ingredients
Top Review by Chef RZ Fan
We liked this a lot ! I followed the recipe exactly except for the veggie broth - I used a 32 oz box of chicken broth and two cups of water. All else as posted including the Yukon Gold Potato. I had no problem with the veggies cooking tender at 8 hours on low. I added the liquid smoke and a teaspoon of dried parsley at the end of cooking. I served this soup with a side of fresh corn bread ( Recipe #86019 ) and all was yum-oh and DH a happy eater. Thanks so much for the share.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small green cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1 large yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (or other white beans)
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, carrot, and garlic; cover and cook 5 minutes or until softened.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add in the cabbage, potato, beans, stock, and thyme; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the liquid smoke (if using), and parsley; taste to adjust seasonings.