Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a light version of Pistou, a vegetable soup from southern France. This soup reheats well, and even freezes well.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 15 ounces canned tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 ounces small whole wheat pasta
- Saute the onion in the oil in a large saucepan for 5 minutes. Add the beans, vegetables, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Add the pasta then cook for 10 additional minutes.
This was a great soup easy to make and very good. It makes a bunch of soup; I doubled the recipe to feed my crowd of 7 and wow I had left overs. The kids and I ate it for two meals.
A sensational soup! It is a meal in a bowl. We added a hearty salad on the side for a satisfying dinner. Five stars plus two thumbs up!