Chef #880889's Note:
This recipe comes from a dear friend who is a very good cook! You can use cream or milk in lieu of the half and half. Also, this soup freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes, onions celery carrots, and leek in a saucepan. Add salt and enough water just to cover.
- 2Cut butter in pieces and add to pot.
- 3Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 1/2 hour until vegetables are soft.
- 4Take off heat and add shredded lettuce. Stir until lettuce is wilted.
- 5Using stick blender, blend until smooth.
- 6Return to heat and dilute with half and half. Warm and serve with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.5
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.7 mg
- Sodium 864.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 9.9 g