Recipe by socholy
This recipe comes from a dear friend who is a very good cook! You can use cream or milk in lieu of the half and half. Also, this soup freezes well.
- 6 old potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes, onions celery carrots, and leek in a saucepan. Add salt and enough water just to cover.
- Cut butter in pieces and add to pot.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 1/2 hour until vegetables are soft.
- Take off heat and add shredded lettuce. Stir until lettuce is wilted.
- Using stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Return to heat and dilute with half and half. Warm and serve with additional salt and pepper if desired.