Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't know where this recipe came from it was written on a piece of notebook paper.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, diced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add tomatoes.
- Simmer, covered, until tomatoes are soft and turn into a broth, about 20 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, onion, zucchini, carrot, onion powder and basil.
- Simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire.
- Simmer, covered until flavors are blended, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove 1 cup of vegetables, place in a container of a electric blender.
- Blend at high speed until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan and mix well.
- Heat until hot.