Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A favorite with my kids and husband. Adapted from Gooseberry Patch's Hometown Favorites.
Top Review by Elly in Canada
Family loved this French Vanilla Toast!! I used 1 tblsp. sugar, real vanilla and cream (to replace evaporated milk)this made a nice rich mixture. I cooked the dipped bread in melted butter and served with real maple syrup. This is not low fat!! But, oh so delicious!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla; mix well.
- I pour the mixture into a pie pan for easier dipping.
- Dip bread into the egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Place coated bread in a well-oiled heated skillet; cook until golden on each side; turn only once.
- Eat as is or dust with a little powdered sugar.