- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks (slightly beaten)
- 2 cups hot milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (make sure it is pure and the best you can afford)
- 1 pint heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, salt and yolks together in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Slowly stir in hot milk.
- Cook over med.
- heat, continuing to stir until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add cream and vanilla extract.
- Chill and place in ice cream freezer.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions.