1/1 Photo of French Vanilla Ice Cream
6 hrs 25 mins
Jen T's Note:
This creamy ice cream does not need churning in an ice cream maker. A bonus for those that do not have one. :) Cook time is freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks until creamy.
- 2Slowly add half the sugar while continuing to beat until the mixture is thick and pale.
- 3Mix in the Cointreau and vanilla.
- 4In another bowl beat the cream until soft peaks form then combine with the yolk mixture.
- 5In a clean dry bowl beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and then slowly beat in the remaining sugar and continue beating until thick and glossy.
- 6Fold 2-3 tablespoons of the cream mixture into the whites to lighten the mix, then gently fold in the rest of the cream mixture.
- 7Spoon into container and cover well.
- 8Freeze until firm, approx 6-8 hours or overnight.
- 9Note: To vary mix you can fold in some chopped dark chocolate or chopped nuts before freezing.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Vanilla Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1057 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 968.4
- Calories from Fat 629
- Total Fat 69.9 g
- Saturated Fat 41.8 g
- Cholesterol 503.1 mg
- Sodium 173.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 67.4 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: