Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I swiped this recipe from my Cooking for 2 magazine. It's easy and quick and doesn't give you a ton of leftovers to put in the fridge and not eat again. Sometimes, when I have guests, I buy special bread for brekkie dishes and always have a few slices left. It's a great way to use up the leftover slices.
- 2 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed without the crusts
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup refrigerated french vanilla non-dairy coffee creamer (or mix up some from a powdered mix)
- 2 caramels, cubes cut into pieces (one for each custard cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the bread cubes in two greased 6-oz. custard cups. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and creamer; pour over the bread.
- Sprinkle with the caramel pieces, nuts, and cinnamon and dot with butter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.