Boca Pat's Note:
This cake is so moist and so good. I made it for company the other night and everyone loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350; Butter& flour 2 8" round cake pans.
- 2Remove 3/4 cup apple slices from pie filling; reserve.
- 3At low speed beat cake mix, eggs, oil and remaining pie filling 30 seconds; increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
- 4Divide batter between pans; bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean; cool 15 minutes.
- 5Remove from pans; cool completely on racks.
- 6Meanwhile spread nuts on ungreased baking sheet; bake until lightly browned, about 6 minutes; cool.
- 7Stire cinnamon into frosting.
- 8Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with 3/4 cup frosting; arrange reserved apple slices from filling over frosting leaving 1" border around edge; top with remaining cake layer.
- 9Spread top and side of cake with remaining frosting; press nuts all around bottom of cake where you left the 1" border.
- 10If desired toss apples with lemon juice than pat dry; arrange on cake with walnut half.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Vanilla Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.8
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 395.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 63.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g