Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This cake is so moist and so good. I made it for company the other night and everyone loved it.
Make and share this French Vanilla Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350; Butter& flour 2 8" round cake pans.
- Remove 3/4 cup apple slices from pie filling; reserve.
- At low speed beat cake mix, eggs, oil and remaining pie filling 30 seconds; increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
- Divide batter between pans; bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean; cool 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool completely on racks.
- Meanwhile spread nuts on ungreased baking sheet; bake until lightly browned, about 6 minutes; cool.
- Stire cinnamon into frosting.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with 3/4 cup frosting; arrange reserved apple slices from filling over frosting leaving 1" border around edge; top with remaining cake layer.
- Spread top and side of cake with remaining frosting; press nuts all around bottom of cake where you left the 1" border.
- If desired toss apples with lemon juice than pat dry; arrange on cake with walnut half.