This is a traditional Christmas dinner side dish for our family. Make sure that you use rutabaga instead of the white turnips
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups of mashed turnips (rutabaga)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon savory
- salt and pepper
- 1Blend together the mashed turnip, egg, butter, savory, salt and pepper.
- 2Stir well.
- 3Place in a butter baking dish.
- 4Top with a thick white sauce made with the butter flour and milk.
- 5Sprinkle on the grated cheese.
- 6Bake in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Turnips (Swede or Rutabaga)
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.5
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 114.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 3.8 g