1/1 Photo of French Tuna and Rice Salad
Shana C's Note:
I used to get a tuna and rice salad at a small French bistro and was sad when the restaurant closed. I have been trying to find a similar recipe for years and finally found it from Debra Fioritto Weber. I made a few small changes, such as replacing gherkins with capers and adding tarragon to the vinaigrette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE SALAD
- 295.73 ml long-grain white rice
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 29.58 ml capers
- 113.39 g kalamata olives or 113.39 g nicoise olives, halved and pitted
- 170.09 g can tuna in water, drained
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- 1Combine ingredients for the vinaigrette and whisk or shake well.
- 2Cook the rice according to package directions.
- 3Drain well and while still hot mix with some of the vinaigrette.
- 4Season with salt and pepper and let cool.
- 5When the rice is cool, add the remaining ingredients and vinaigrette.
- 6season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Tuna and Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.1
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 178.8 mg
- Sodium 1046.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar