Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
From *The World Encyclopedia of Coffee* & a variation of a very old French recipe. *Enjoy* !
- 118.29 ml calvados
- 59.14 ml apricot brandy
- 24.64 ml sugar (more or less to taste)
- 295.73 ml hot very strong coffee
- 29.58 ml double cream (heavy cream)
- Gently warm the Calvados + brandy together over a low heat & transfer to 2 lrg glasses (A balloon-shaped or squaty glass works best).
- Dissolve sugar in hot coffee, add to liqueurs & stir.
- While the contents are still rotating from the stirring, gently pour 1 tbsp of the cream over the surface in a circular motion. DO NOT STIR ~ just sip & savour.
This is a very nice coffee treat! Made as directed for ZWT8, team Winers, Diners, and Chives, France region. Thanks, twissis!
This was very good. The hubby had fit about the price of the calvados but other then that amazing. Thanks for this wonderful recipe.
This is great. I don't know if the cream is supposed to give this effect like in my photo. I used heavy cream. It went down. I didn't heat the calvados and apricot brandy cause I did it only for 1 serving (for me). I didn't add sugar. Thanks Twissis. It was yummy!