Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is not my recipe but, in my many quests for a good sandwich, I happened to stumble across this one on the internet. I in no way take credit for this delicious sandwich. However, my recommendatin is for all to try it. It's guaranteed to make you want to come back for more. NOTE: RECIPE COMPLEMENTS OF ABOUT.COM
- 12 slices firm white bread or 12 slices rye bread
- prepared mustard
- 6 slices cooked ham
- 6 slices cooked chicken or 6 slices turkey
- 6 slices swiss cheese or 6 slices American cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Spread each slice of bread with mustard.
- Make 6 sandwiches using one slice each of ham, cheese, and chicken.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Melt butter in a skillet over low heat.
- Dip sandwiches in the milk-egg mixture, turning to coat each side.
- Brown in skillet on both sides.