Recipe by LainieBug
Flavorful, rich and satisfying. Great served with vegetable or tomato soup and a salad.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
This was delicious! I had to use partially muenster cheese as I ran out of Jack for half of the family. I also used honey wheat whole grain bread. We thought it was a great lunch! Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
- 8 slices whole wheat bread or 8 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese, thin
- 4 slices ham
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread four of the bread slices with honey mustard.
- Top each with a slice of cheese and then a slice of ham.
- Top ham with remaining cheese and cover with bread.
- Trim cheese and ham to fit in bread, if necessary.
- In shallow bowl, beat eggs with 2 tbsp water until well blended.
- Dip sandwiches into egg mixture, turning carefully to coat both sides.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- When butter is foamy, add sandwiches and cook about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve sandwiches hot.