Hag chef's Note:
This is a decadent version of French toast that we usually do for Christmas or New Years breakfast. It's great any time of year or any time you want to have a fancy breakfast or brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pie filling, warmed
- fresh fruit
- whipped cream
- maple syrup
- 1Preheat a large frying pan or griddle to medium or medium high heat.
- 2Lightly oil the pan or spray with cooking spray.
- 3Beat the eggs and milk together.
- 4Dip each English muffin half in the egg/milk mixture and let soak for a few seconds.
- 5Fry the English muffins until golden brown on each side.
- 6Depending on how many you are making, you can keep them in a warm oven until you are ready to serve them all at once.
- 7Serve with the warmed pie filling, whipped cream, fresh fruit or maple syrup.
- 8Note: I usually use approximately 1 egg per muffin, but have some egg mixture left over at the end. If there is not enough egg/milk mixture left, add another egg, and 3 or 4 tablespoons of milk.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toasted English Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.0
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 162.9 mg
- Sodium 309.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: