Treat your guests or family to a SPECIAL BREAKFAST! Very easy to prepare. The combination of the ingredients are a plus to this entree. If you are cooking for a large crowd, keep cooked toast in a warm oven and top with bananas just before serving. Use firm, but not overripe bananas.
- For French Toast:.
- In a shallow wide bowl, beat eggs, milk, half and half vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in frying pan or griddle over medium heat. While butter melts, soak 2 to 3 slices of bread in batter. Remove bread and let excess drip off.
- Arrange slices in pan, not letting slices touch. Fry one side until golden brown for approximately 5 minutes. Flip over and brown second side. When done transfer to a cookie sheet and keep in a warm oven. Repeat for other slices. Before serving sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- For Rum Bananas:.
- Melt butter over medium heat. When butter starts to turn brown, add bananas and mix gently. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of bananas. Stir until sugar has melted.
- Add rum and cook 1 minute. Add maple syrup and water. Cook until just heated. Remove from heat and use as topping or beside toast.