1/1 Photo of French Toast With Praline Topping
20 hrs 30 mins
Young Chef #2's Note:
I have never tried this but I saw it on Food Network and it looked soo good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread (13-16 ounces)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Slice french bread into 20 slices, 1-inch thick.
- 2Arrange slices in buttered 9 by 13 bakiing pan in two rows, overlapping.
- 3In a large bowl, combine eggs, half-and-half, milk, granulated sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a dash of salt (1st measurements).
- 4Beat with beater until blended but not too bubbly.
- 5Pour over bread, covering all and spoon inbetween the slices.
- 6Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- 7THE NEXY DAY:.
- 8Preheat oven to 350.
- 9Make topping by combining all ingredients starting with the 2 sticks of butter.
- 10Topp the bread and bake for 40 minutes until lightly golden and puffed.
- 11Serve with maple syrup.
- 12(Serving = 2 slices with topping.).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast With Praline Topping
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.8
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 236.4 mg
- Sodium 524.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 12.6 g