1/1 Photo of French Toast With Pears, Brie, and Cinnamon
1 hr 5 mins
A delicious twist on french toast that can be made-ahead and chilled for up to 24 hours. Great for brunch, holidays, and special occasions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium pears, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 14 -16 slices French bread (half-inch slices, about 1 loaf)
- 8 ounces brie cheese, rind removed and cheese thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Grease a 9x13 baking dish; set aside. In a large skillet cook pears, brown sugar, and rosemary in 2 T butter over medium heat for 4-5 mins or until pears are tender.
- 2Arrange 7 or 8 bread slices in a single layer in prepared dish. Spoon pear mixture and arrange Brie on bread slices. Top each stack with a bread slice. Brush bread with melted butter.
- 3Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over bread. In a medium bowl whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Slowly pour over bread slices. Cover and chill for 1-24 hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 375°F Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 mins or until edges are puffed and golden. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve warm with maple syrup, berries, and honey, or cranberry conserve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast With Pears, Brie, and Cinnamon
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.7
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 133.6 mg
- Sodium 1039.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 20.9 g