Recipe by mermaidmagic
A recipe from Calphalon that they included with a pan purchase. Haven't tried it yet but thought it looked good enough to post. Please let me know what you think if you should try this!
For French Toast
- 1 loaf sourdough bread or 1 loaf baguette, sliced 1 inch thick (day old bread)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, fresh,grated
For Orange Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all french toast ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour over sliced bread.
- Refrigerate until bread absorbs the egg mixture, turning once.
- This may take up to an hour.
- Preheat pan on medium heat.
- Test the pan to see whether it is properly heated by sprinkling a bit of water on top.
- When the water bubbles and dances on the surface, the pan is ready to cook.
- Arrange bread slices on the surface of the pan.
- Cook 2 to 4 minutes, until the center of each slice begins to set and slices begin to brown.
- Flip and continue cooking an additional 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serve French Toast with Orange Sauce.
- Orange Sauce:.
- In a medium sauce pan, whisk together the orange juice and corn starch until smooth.
- Add the sugar and heat on medium, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens.
- Add the butter, lemon juice and orange zest.
- Stir until butter is incorporated.
- Serve over French Toast.