Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an amazing spin on french toast that can either be a rich and tasty breakfast or an indulgent dessert. This requires overnight preparation, so the time does not reflect that. Oh, but these are so worth it! The credit for this recipe goes to Marc Murphy. Yet another wonder pulled from the pages of one of my many newlywed magazines. MMMmmmm...
- 1 1⁄2 quarts heavy cream
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 slices bread, day old with crusts cut off (thick sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 dulce de leche
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Mix cream, eggs, brandy, vanilla bean, orange zest and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add bread and let soak in the fridge overnight.
- Before serving, heat butter in a large pan.
- Drain the bread and add to the pan, heating until golden on each side and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with Dulce De Leche and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.