1/4 Photos of French Toast With Creamy Maple Syrup
The creamy syrup makes all the difference in this recipe. Recipe is from Carnation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Creamy Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup maple-flavored pancake syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1FOR Creamy Maple Syrup: Combine sugar, 1/2 cup evaporated milk, syrup and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small saucepan.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons butter. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- 4FOR FRENCH TOAST: whisk together eggs, remaining 1 cup evaporated milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- 5Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 6Dip 4 slices bread in milk mixture and then place in skillet.
- 7Cook about 2 minutes per side or until golden. Repeat 2 more times with with 2 tablespoons butter and remaining bread.
- 8Keep warm in oven.
- 9Serve with warm Creamy Maple Syrup.
- 10Refrigerate any leftover syrup for another use.
- 11Tip: One 12 fl. oz. can is all the evaporated milk you will need for this recipe.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast With Creamy Maple Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.1
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 229.7 mg
- Sodium 501.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 17.9 g