Recipe by Kaccy G.
Another top request web find. I love Bananas and French toast!!! What a combination.
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 slices good white bread, preferably sourdough
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 bananas, each peeled and cut into 3/4 inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the egg, yolk, vanilla, rum, sugar, and half-and-half.
- Place half the butter in a large, non-stick skillet and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Dip each slice of the bread in the batter and, when the butter foam subsides, cook the bread until nicely browned on both sides, in batches if necessary.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter in another non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- When the foam subsides, cook the banana pieces until lightly browned, turning frequently and sprinkling them with the brown sugar as they cook, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cover each piece of bread with a portion of the bananas and sprinkle the top with confectioner's sugar.
- Serve hot.