1/2 Photos of French Toast with Apple Sizzle (Foodfit website)
Mallina Cashew's Note:
This is from the Foodfit website. I haven't tried it but wanted to see what the nutritional facts REALLY are, i think they might be a little ahead of themselves with the nutritional facts. I will be trying this recipe anyway though, one reviewer said," It was like eating warm apple pie, I will definately try it again." ...hope its as good as she said it was!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the apple sizzle
For the French toast
- 1Prepare the apple sizzle: In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 2Add the fruit and cook until it begins to soften slightly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Add the maple syrup and nutmeg.
- 4Bring to a boil, set aside and keep warm.
- 5For the French toast: Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla until thoroughly mixed.
- 6(This can be done ahead and refrigerated overnight.) Spray a griddle or large frying pan with non-stick spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- 7Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture until moistened.
- 8Place the soaked slices on the griddle.
- 9Discard any excess egg mixture.
- 10When the bottoms are golden brown, flip with a spatula and brown the other side.
- 11Serve the French toast topped with the apple sizzle.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast with Apple Sizzle (Foodfit website)
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.8
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 448.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 43.0 g
- Protein 10.3 g